“AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to support our Federal Civilian High-Performance Computing (HPC) business in Healthcare and Sciences. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for HPC workloads on AWS. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions and will directly interface with the HPC product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements for next gen R&D and other resource intensive workloads. HPC workloads include areas like genomics and proteomics analysis for life sciences and healthcare, molecular modeling, computational chemistry, aerospace, fluid dynamics, electromagnetic simulations and complex materials analysis.”
“The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales, marketing and partner teams to position the AWS platform for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, platforms, frameworks and infrastructure. In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement for related customer and partner opportunities. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior management. The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from running on AWS EC2 instances, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.”
“The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Federal Civilian Agencies. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of machine learning and deep learning services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.”
“Roles & Responsibilities
- Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around HPC offerings;
- Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners about the AWS HPC value proposition;
- Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams…”
- Possess 10+ years enterprise selling outsourcing, consulting or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry;
- Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen;
- Experience selling HPC to Federal Civilian Agencies (HHS, VA, DHA, NASA and DOE);
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business…”
- 15+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience;
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software,etc)
- Experience with VPC and Cloud Networking technologies…”
G2X TAKE: AWS is seeking a lead to support its Federal Civilian High-Performance Computing (HPC) business in Healthcare and Sciences and to be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for HPC workloads on AWS.
AWS was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.