“The CMS Head of the Contracting Activity and Director of the Office of Acquisition and Grants Management (OAGM) works across the entire CMS organization to ensure that program and information technology acquisitions and discretionary grants effectively support the CMS mission. The Director of OAGM serves as CMS’s principal official responsible for ensuring that procurements meet all legal, ethical, and financial requirements in addition to sound business management practices.”
- Oversees the development, negotiation, execution, management, and closeout of all CMS contracts, grants, IAAs, and purchase card transactions valued at approximately $9B annually (FY 2020).
- Serves as the CMS’s Head of the Contracting Activity and Chief Grants Management Official, with responsibility for all CMS discretionary grants.
- Directs CMS’s comprehensive acquisition and grant management planning, coordinating the immediate and long-range plans of CMS.
- Directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative acquisition strategies to support legislative initiatives to reform and streamline acquisition laws.
- Oversees the development and implementation of procurement-related training for contracts and grant personnel, as well as other acquisition personnel across the CMS enterprise.
- Plans, develops, and directs a comprehensive control system which assures the accountability of sound and ethical procurement practices and integrity in the acquisition and grant processes.
- Serves as the CMS contact point with HHS and other Federal agencies relative to grant and cooperative agreement policy matters.
- Serves as the lead for developing and overseeing CMS’s acquisition planning efforts.
- Advises CMS senior officials on all aspects of acquisitions and grants management in support of the implementation and execution of all key CMS programs.
- Oversees the planning, development, interpretation of comprehensive policies, procedures, regulations, and directives for CMS acquisition functions.
- Ensures that the customer-focused team delivers excellent service across all aspects of CMS acquisition and grants management.
- Represents CMS at all HHS acquisition and grant forums and functions.
- Oversees the development of agency-specific procurement guidelines for the utilization of small and disadvantaged business concerns in achieving an equitable percentage of CMS’s contracting requirements.
- Ensures that all programs under his/her direction reflect the principles of workforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in their management and operation in such areas as recruitment, employee development, staff assignments, and communications.
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services may want to influence who applies for this SES role that oversees the development of Agency-specific procurement guidelines for the utilization of small and disadvantaged business concerns in achieving an equitable percentage of CMS’s contracting requirements.