“The incumbent serves as the Director of the DTC in Product Engineering, reporting to the Executive Director of Product Engineering in the office of information and technology. The incumbent is responsible for providing engineering support to major new development initiatives in current VA systems as well as providing for strategic and tactical planning for the initiatives and systems.”
- Works closely with management to ensure that solutions are compliant with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Ensures that new technology requirements are considered across the spectrum of new initiatives and ensures maximum results from the introduction of new technologies.
- Directs, coordinates and oversees work, directing the programs, evaluating subordinates supervisors, making or approving selections for subordinates nonsupervisory positions.
- Provides expert advice and information furnished by the incumbent has a direct effect on the success of policy development planning and program implementations.
- Works with a full range of activities from strategic planning and budgeting to capacity planning to perform technology assessments of technology platforms and tools.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role within the Digital Transformation Center that ensures that new technology requirements are considered across the spectrum of new initiatives and ensures maximum results from the introduction of new technologies.