Notice ID: 75N91021Q00118
“The National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics (DCEG) established Connect for Cancer Prevention, a long-term study to investigate the causes of cancer in 200,000 participants recruited from nine partnering U.S. healthcare systems. The Connect for Cancer Prevention Data System (C4CPDS), developed using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) tools, was built to support the collection of data from Connect study participants and partnering healthcare systems. Most of the participant communication will be through digital outreach, a critical component to maintaining long-term engagement with our study participants. A communication tool is needed to provide real-time metrics on communications. This tool must be easily integrated into C4CPDS and GCP, and must accommodate outreach via email, SMS, and other modalities to respond to future trends in digital communication.”
“The Contractor shall furnish a cloud communication software platform. This platform shall be the brand-name Twilio Enterprise Edition – including the e-mail package, SMS package, and SMS short code – in accordance with FAR 52.211-6 Brand Name or Equal.”
“The Connect Coordinating Center at NCI/DCEG will send messages to the Connect study participants. The NCI expects to send approximately 17,000 messages through the platform each month. The content of these messages will be related to notifications/reminders about study activities (e.g., provide biospecimens at a clinic, complete study surveys). The Contractor’s software shall facilitate transmission of these messages by a cloud communication platform that allows for an integrated, multichannel communication strategy.”
“The following salient characteristics are applicable to this requirement:
4.1.1 TWILIO ENTERPRISE EDITION
- 1.1.1 Must be compatible with Google Cloud Platform, via server-side helper libraries (i.e., SDKs) to aid REST application programming interfaces (APIs).
- 1.1.2 Must allow for institutional single sign-on.
- 1.1.3 Must identify user who made each change to protect data integrity.
- 1.1.4 Must provide real-time project usage and metrics to evaluate delivery success, click rates, and other metrics.
- 1.1.5 Must be able to track changes and updates to the configuration of the software.
4.1.2 TWILIO SENDGRID E-MAIL PLATFORM
- 1.2.1 Must provide an easy to use SDK which can be utilized to send email, create message templates, create unsubscribe group, and retrieve information on unsubscribed users and other insights on messaging activities.
- 1.2.2 Must accommodate bulk messages, specifically capable of processing at least 17,000 emails/month.
4.1.3 SMS PACKAGE & SMS SHORT CODE
- 1.3.1 Must provide an SDK which can be utilized to send SMS using short codes, create message templates, create unsubscribe group and retrieve information on unsubscribed users, and other insights on messaging activities.
- 1.3.2 Must be able to send short codes.
- 1.3.3 Must accommodate bulk messages, specifically capable of processing at least 20,000 SMS text messages/month.
4.2 REPORTING & ANALYTICS The Contractor shall provide a routine report detailing any service outages as well as providing recommendations (as needed) and notifications of future upgrades or any factors that would affect future service.”