“This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information Technology; IT Operations and Services, Solution Delivery. The incumbent will provide engineering support to VA’s back office infrastructure, VA’s corporate Enterprise Email System, Enterprise Messaging, Enterprise Collaboration Services, Windows Domain structure, and other systems that are required for the overall operations of the VA client/ server infrastructure, both on premise in VA and in the cloud.”
- Develop, implements, and ensures compliance with plans, policies, standards, infrastructures, and architectures that establish the framework for time management of a business line of IT Programs
- Plan, documents, and implements congressional and executive level policy changes that impact IT resource requirements.
- Exercises significant responsibilities in dealing with officials of other sections and in advising senior management.
- Develops and maintains short-range (1-5 year) plans which establish priorities and set goals for IT system planning.
- Evaluates IT program needs and determines where changes to existing guidelines are required and develops and/or recommends changes necessary to accomplish these plans.
- Identifies and evaluates future and emerging technologies for use and interoperability of leading-edge technology across the organization
- Consults with customers to evaluate functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical solutions
- Oversees writing of technical documentation and reports, prepares white papers, position papers and executive memorandum describing results of evaluations, analysis, and recommendations regarding implementation of new technologies used to determine courses of action that will impact all VA sites
- Has full responsibility for supervising multiple GS-14, GS-13 and GS-12 supervisory and non-supervisory positions, in addition to fundamental supervisory authorities and responsibilities.
- Conducts strategic and tactical planning for Endpoint Engineering and Enterprise Messaging, Collaboration, Authentication and Office 365 Services (EMCAO) activities on a quarterly, annual, and multi-year (1-5) basis which establish priorities and set goals for IT system planning.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role that identifies and evaluates future and emerging technologies for use and interoperability of leading-edge technology across the organization and develops and maintains short-range (1-5 year) plans which establish priorities and set goals for IT system planning.