“This position is located in the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Small Market and Stand-Alone Organization (SSO) in San Antonio, TX. Incumbent will support and provide leadership within the SSO in the area of Health Informatics, to include the deployment, sustainment, and optimization of health information technology systems.”
- Support the deployment, sustainment, and optimization of health information technology (HIT) systems across the Small Market and Stand-Alone Organization (SSO).
- Assist SSO’s leadership in the governance of the Small Market and Stand Alone MTF’s Health Informatics programs through management and responsibility of all Health Informatics related activities within the SSO.
- Develop and/or disseminate policies and procedures to ensure standardization of health informatics across the SSO.
- Provide policy interpretation, guidance, and oversight to the SSO on new or legacy health informatics clinical information systems, as well as with other approved/deployed clinical systems as required.
- Collaborate with the SSO leadership as well as Small Market and Stand-Alone MTF’s command teams, and their staff to identify opportunities for improvement in the area of health informatics.
- Confirm all applicable policies and procedures related to health informatics are disseminated from the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Head Quarters (HQ) and the SSO office to the Small Markets and Stand-Alone MTFs.
- Develop quality improvement initiatives in the area of health informatics to improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of current systems/tools.
- Support of DHA’s Quadruple Aim Performance Plan (QPP) process on standardizing performance across the Military Health System (MHS).
- Plan and schedule daily work assignments for subordinates.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates to include mentoring and addressing performance/conduct concerns.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Defense Health Agency may want to influence who applies for this role that supports the deployment, sustainment, and optimization of health information technology (HIT) systems across the Small Market and Stand-Alone Organization (SSO).