- Executive Director of Operations Oncology Precision Medicine is organizationally aligned to the Executive Director of Medicine. The responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serves as the principal advisor and liaison the VHA’s executive leadership matters relating to highly complex health care strategic initiatives, to include leading the development of criteria and standards for programs and providers; development of clinical practice guidance / protocols to be used in the analysis and management of programs; developing and disseminating Precision Medicine policies and clinical guidelines; providing consultative services and input as it relates to data programs such as the electronic medical record, performance measures, and coding.
- Develops and tracks progress on individually established work plans, clinical and health care benchmarking, clinical outcomes, health care/clinical industry, and Synchronization with key stakeholders.
- Applies her/her expertise and knowledge of VHA and healthcare overall to guide and advise senior officials in identifying ways to assist program offices and field facilities to implement numerous complex assignments and tactical plans; and to facilitate strategic alliances and partnerships that are essential to lead and sustain the transformation of VHA systems of care, and of the organizational culture.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication channels with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders that facilitates understanding and promotion of tactical execution of the strategic plan. This includes assisting with identification of resources that promote information sharing and education, fostering new methods of collaboration with the Veteran community at large and with other Federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Collaborates with the VA Office of Information and Technology (OIT) in matters pertaining to hardware and software solutions to improve operating systems related to health care capabilities.
- Develops a set of core competencies for Precision Medicine…”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this SES role that collaborates with the VA Office of Information and Technology (OIT) in matters pertaining to hardware and software solutions to improve operating systems related to health care capabilities and provides consultative services and input as it relates to data programs such as the electronic medical record, performance measures, and coding.