- Report to the SSO’s Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in support of SSO wide informatics initiatives to integrate clinical, business, and information technology (IT) efforts across the SSO and in alignment with DHA processes and practices.
- Support and provide leadership within the SSO in the area of Health Informatics and support the development of an informatics workforce within the SSO.
- Interact with DHA Headquarters Chief Health Informatics Officer on informatics initiatives and coordinate DHA Health Informatics initiatives across the Small Markets and Stand-Alone MTFs in order to build a medically ready and ready medical force.
- Serve as the main integrator, coordinator, and communication conduit between the DHA, Chief Health Informatics Officer (CHIO) and the Small Markets and Stand-Alone MTFs in the area of Health Informatics.
- Assist SSO’s leadership in the governance of the Small Market and Stand Alone MTF’s Health Informatics programs by managing and being responsible for all Health Informatics related activities within the SSO.
- Work with all forms of medical staff to ensure that health informatics related concerns, challenges and initiatives are shared and advocated for within the SSO and when appropriate with DHA’s CHIO.
- Provide policy interpretation, guidance, and oversight to the SSO on new or legacy health informatics clinical information systems, as well as with other approved/deployed clinical systems.
- Assist in analysis of data, problem solving, and business process reengineering activities related to issues surrounding clinical automated health informatics systems.
- Establish an effective process to elevate Health Informatics related issues to DHA HI’s office when the SSO is unable to adequately address the issue.
- Coordinate with other Health Informatics team members within the SSO, DHA HI and DHA HQ to identify areas of concern or areas that can be improved upon to enhance the capabilities, efficiencies or effectiveness of current health informatics tools.
- Strategic planning, in collaboration with DHA HI, to move the SSO from its current state to alignment with DHA’s practices in the area of Health Informatics, including with the migration to the MHS’s new electronic health record, MHS GENESIS.
- Integration and collaboration of clinical, ancillary and DHA business communities to ensure health informatics systems are efficiently and effectively implement across the SSO.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Defense Health Agency may want to influence who applies for this role that will support strategic planning, in collaboration with DHA HI, to move the SSO from its current state to alignment with DHA’s practices in the area of Health Informatics, including with the migration to the MHS’s new electronic health record, MHS GENESIS.