“The incumbent of this position ensures the security of the DHA and Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ) facilities, electronic communications, Top Secret and Secret documents, and emergency management for the DHA and DHHQ.”
- Perform the full range of supervisory duties including planning work to be accomplished by subordinates; evaluating work performance of subordinates; giving advice, counsel, or instruction to employees; and effecting minor disciplinary measures.
- Serve as principal advisor on security matters and issues pertaining to the development, acquisition, implementation, and evaluation of security systems for the DHA and Defense Health Headquarters complex.
- Perform reviews on new and emerging security policies and standards, and advise and make recommendations accordingly.
- Interface with and conduct extensive coordination efforts that include OASD(HA) Deputy Secretaries of Defense, DoD and Federal Agencies such as the General Services Administration to implement new security programs in the DHA.
- Responsible for communication security (COMSEC) management of both Secret and Top-Secret information.
- Conduct research, studies and analyses on highly complex, highly specialized issues related to safety, physical security, the guard force program; COMSEC, and anti-terrorism.
- Serve as liaison between Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) and other security authorities and DHA leadership to ensure appropriate individuals are informed of ongoing critical time sensitive information regarding criminal investigations.
- Serve as Contracting Officer’s Representative for contracts with both large and small disadvantaged businesses; contracts supporting single and multiple users with different requirements and appropriations; and multiple task order contracts.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Defense Health Agency may want to influence who applies to this role that serves as principal advisor on security matters and issues pertaining to the development, acquisition, implementation, and evaluation of security systems for the DHA and Defense Health Headquarters complex.