“This position serves as a Director, Applications Development, in headquarters within the Office of Management and Administration (OMA), Office of Inspector general (OIG) Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). OMA supports OIG’s mission by providing comprehensive administrative services to the agency, including IT customer support, systems and network administration, application development, IT security threat detection and risk mitigation activities, data analysis and predictive analytics support.”
“The Director, Applications Development, is responsible for software development and design efforts in areas that require extensive and intensive knowledge of accounting, mathematics and statistics, and computers; and may have substantial impact on various highly visible programs. The incumbent reports to the executive-level Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Management and Administration / Chief Information Officer (CIO) and is also responsible for coordinating and collaborating with the CIO, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Data Officer, Director for IT Customer Support, Director for Enterprise Systems and cross-directorate stakeholders in managing comprehensive IT and data activities and initiatives for the OIG and supervising a staff of IT specialists and contractors.”
“As a/an Supervisory IT Specialist (APPSW/INFOSEC), you will:
- Serve as a senior advisor to the executive-level CIO on high visibility evaluations of when and whether to develop customized applications to support complex oversight needs or pursue commercially available solutions, which may require some customization or workflow changes, to meet business needs.
- Direct software development and design efforts in areas which have substantial impact on various highly visible programs. Systems may frequently be developed which represent significant advances in techniques and serve as prototypes for other computer applications.
- Initiate and direct special and continuing studies to test, adjust, or improve existing computer software, or devise and implement new software of great complexity.
- Assign and coordinate the work of the assigned section to diagnose sources of application-associated issues and to develop and implement corrective actions. Ensures that the Section quickly and accurately isolates the causes of service problems; correctly identifies and implements necessary corrective action; and works proactively to prevent future disruptions.
- Apply business requirements of customer organizations; systems development principles and approaches; customer support principles, methods, and practices; and project management methods sufficient to lead IT systems development projects from design to support; evaluate the effectiveness of installed systems and services; and provide advice on and devise solutions to a wide range of IT issues.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role that is responsible for coordinating and collaborating with the CIO, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Data Officer, Director for IT Customer Support, Director for Enterprise Systems and cross-directorate stakeholders in managing comprehensive IT and data activities and initiatives for the OIG and supervising a staff of IT specialists and contractors.