“This position is located in Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD) and is responsible for portfolio management of major VA IT investments and initiatives, and to advise senior management regarding IT project planning, budgeting, acquisition, and execution of projects and products.”
- Oversees the development of detailed program/project plans, tasks, schedules, and ensures identification of required milestone dates
- through coordination with IT Project Managers and stakeholders, to ensure proper sequencing of events, work efforts, and resources to accomplish objectives
- Coordinates with senior agency leaders and technical personnel within OIT to ensure architecture is compliant with regulatory policies, communication, software standards and with user requirements
- Oversees the selection and proper employment of tools and methods to track progress throughout the life cycle of the project
- Applies technical knowledge to ensure project schedules and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established milestones
- Uses managerial techniques and quantitative analysis, to monitor work in progress, and evaluate the status and progress of work accomplished in terms of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness in achieving objectives…”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role that is responsible for portfolio management of major VA IT investments and initiatives, and that will advise senior management regarding IT project planning, budgeting, acquisition, and execution of projects and products.