“The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is committed to recognizing, advancing, and providing opportunities for women in the workplace. Gender-diverse and inclusive organizations achieve better business outcomes, and VA’s Office of Information and Technology (OIT) is proud to spotlight five individuals who received Leading for Impact, Women in Leadership Awards for their exemplary efforts managing mission-focused strategic programs over the past year:
- Pamela Smith, Deputy Chief of Staff;
- Martha Orr, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Quality, Performance, and Risk;
- Merissa Larson, Executive Director for Quality, Performance, and Risk;
- Kim Heermann-Do, Acting Interoperability Workstream Director, Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization Program Office; and
- Tracey Morgan, Chief, Agile Center of Excellence, Metrics and Analytics.”
“Women are powerful agents of change, and this award is a testament to each person’s tenacity, collaboration, and leadership. ‘OIT is committed to investing in our people, and Ms. Smith, Ms. Orr, Ms. Larson, Ms. Heermann-Do, and Ms. Morgan have continuously demonstrated excellence, dedication to VA’s mission, and are unquestionably deserving of this outstanding recognition,’ said VA’s Acting Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer, Dr. Neil Evans.”
“This year’s awardees are truly inspirations within the Department, and they represent OIT’s third consecutive year in which the office has celebrated team members who received Women in Leadership Awards.” Read the full article here.
Source: Leading from the Front: VA Executives Receive Women in Leadership Awards – November 24, 2021. DigitalVA.