“The incumbent serves as the Financial Technology Service (FTS) Chief of Staff and Director of the FTS IT Business Operations Division within the Financial Services Center (FSC). As such, directs and guides all service activities in concert with the FTS Executive Director, shares oversight and management responsibility for all matters involving interpretation, implementation, formulation, and evaluation of administrative policies, strategic planning, and measurement.”
- Provides detailed guidance, recommendations on program execution, technical management, and business management to four Division Directors within FTS.
- Reviews and assesses the impact of policy directives, statements and administrative policies of the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), FTS, and higher authority, and takes actions to implement the intent of these directives.
- Develops administrative and management policy and/or directives for issuance to FTS staff organizations to ensure implementation of the decisions, plans, and other actions emanating from the FTS Executive Director’s Office and OIT.
- Reviews projects, reports, group, and individual performance for consistency with policies, compliance with procedures and regulations, technical adequacy, timeliness, and effective utilization of resources.
- Provides oversight of contract compliance through Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) monitoring contractor performance, identifying deficiencies during surveillance and directing appropriate corrective action.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role that shares oversight and management responsibility for all matters involving interpretation, implementation, formulation, and evaluation of administrative policies, strategic planning, and measurement.