“The Executive Director (ED),Connected Health (CH) in the Office of Connected Care Office (OCC) supports clinical technologies that further the Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA) mission to deliver high quality and Veteran-centered care, optimize individual and population health and enhance the Veterans overall personal health care experience.”
As a key member on the executive team in OCC, in collaboration with the ED for Telehealth Services, the ED/CH provides leadership and oversight for all products and services under the auspices of OCC in the areas of Product Development and Support, Clinical Integration and Implementation, Clinical Quality Management and Training, OCC operations and any other areas as designated by the Chief Officer of OCC. The ED/CH manages the operational aspects of the OCC to include oversight and specific input and direction into OCC finances, budgeting, contracting (development of performance work statements, contract solicitation and award, contract oversight, etc.), human resource (HR) management, internal and external communications, adherence to all VA/VHA policies and procedures, response to VHA/VA, Office of Management & Budget (OMB), Congressional and other critical correspondence, etc.
OCC supports Veterans, their families, and VA staff by:
- Increasing access to continuous, just-in-time, and coordinated VA health care services;
- Enhancing the workflow, reach, and efficiency of VA staff; and
- Supporting Veterans’ participation in their health care.
- Developing and implementing enterprise-wide Veteran digital health business plan, which will transform care delivery across the care continuum and across geography.
- Collaborating with medical staff, hospital and Veterans Integrated Services Network (VISN) leadership, program office and VA Central Office (VACO) leadership, information technology personnel and other key stakeholders, including Veteran groups to help lead the development, implementation and adoption of OCC technologies.
- Expanding care for Veterans through increased coordination and communication, including exploring novel new technologies, such as advances in video conferencing, secure digital communication, connected devices with integration of patient generated health data into care workflows, and more.
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role that leads this office that supports care for Veterans through increased coordination and communication, including exploring novel new technologies, such as advances in video conferencing, secure digital communication, connected devices with integration of patient generated health data into care workflows, and more.