“In a new memorandum from the Biden administration, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Deputy Director for Management Jason Miller detailed how the White House would like to direct $100 billion in Federal contracting opportunities to small disadvantaged businesses (SDBs)…”
“These five management actions include:
- Agreeing with SBA on an agency-specific SDB contracting goal for fiscal year (FY) 2022 that would allow the government to cumulatively award at least 11 percent of Federal contract spending to SDBs in FY22;
- Reviewing and adjusting category management stewardship practices to boost contracting opportunities for SDBs and other small businesses;
- Increasing the number of new entrants into the Federal marketplace and reversing the decline in the small business supplier base;
- Including the achievement of small business contracting goals as a part of the performance plans for key Senior Executive Service officials; and
- Ensuring agency small business contracting offices have senior leadership access…” Read the full article here.
Source: WH to Direct $100B in Contracting Opportunities to SDBs – By Jordan Smith, December 3, 2021. MeriTalk.