“The VP of Growth is responsible for growth in federal agencies such as the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The VP of Growth is also responsible for growing Altarum’s state-based relationships within local Health and Human Services departments – especially within the Public Health and Medicaid divisions.
- Strategically view the marketplace, analyze opportunities, and successfully manage the growth of a profitable enterprise services and solutions business.
- Create an overall “voice of the customer” client plan that includes account mapping and renewals, retention strategy, and client’s priorities and pain points
- Engage customers in identifying and shaping opportunities. Actively market the company brand, establish customer expectations, and shape opportunities by creating white papers and responding to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Drive sales and revenue growth through successful go-to-market leadership and execution of service lines via a stage gate investment methodology
- Build and deepen executive relationships with state and federal agency partners to help influence their long-term technology and business decisions. Add value and be viewed as a trusted advisor by bringing compelling insights and ideas with follow through execution.
- Influence the Altarum sales methodology/process, drive best practices on selling, forecasting and client relationship management.
- Collaborate and consult with the respective Division P&L owners and enterprise partners to help shape segment strategies, drive continuous growth opportunity assessments, and evaluate Government Market capabilities
- Provide coaching and establish accountability for sales within the division leadership by working cross-functionally to build out multiple service lines, maximizing business impact, and opening opportunities that could scale or act as a pilot for corporate pursuits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience: MBA/MPH preferred
- 10+ years building and managing federal/public sector sales and business development organizations and implementing multi-channel sales models that includes selling directly to state/federal government
- Experience in government contracting and an understanding of government acquisition mechanisms
- Experience selling or managing sales of complex products and services, including data or SaaS, as well as successful implementation of service offerings
- Ability to communicate technical concepts succinctly and effectively to senior level executives
- People management skills, either directly or through matrix organization, including team and personal development
- Strong financial acumen and negotiation skills
G2X TAKE: This nonprofit research and analytics, technology, advisory services, and program implementation firm focused on improving the health of at-risk and disenfranchised populations by building better systems of care seeks a leader to expand their footprint with new and existing contracts through the establishment and leadership of a federal growth team.