“Peraton is actively searching for a Business Development Executive with customer knowledge of the FDA and NIH, along with an understanding of their challenges and how to win, grow, and develop new business at FDA and NIH.”
- Create, identify, develop, and qualify opportunities that align to the company’s strategic campaigns that result in meaningful and measurable revenue growth.
- Achieve acquisition and sales goals through winning new business.
- Develop and maintain an active strategic growth plan, and the associated pipeline, in alignment and consistent with corporate campaign strategy and goals.
- Interface with customer and partner communities for assigned opportunities.
- Build customer relationships through effective communications.
- Develop strategies to “shape” requirements and acquisition strategy.
- Identify and target new business markets, adjacencies, and partnerships.
- Embrace the Peraton Business Acquisition Process in daily activities, and effectively manage and communicate all the opportunities and plans for management and technical teams.
- Assist in guiding potential customers by demonstrating solutions, capabilities, and potential acquisition paths for early stage opportunities, working with internal technical and program management teams to develop responses for requests for information (RFI), market surveys, white papers, presentations, briefings, and major event demonstrations.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 12 to 15 years of experience, to include a minimum of 8+ years of business development experience within the HHS segment or related field; 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Experience leading large $50M+ business pursuits through a business acquisition process going through opportunity identification, qualification, and capture phases.
- Proven success with the business acquisition process, from identifying an opportunity through pursuit, program startup and ongoing program execution.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT services and solutions including Software Modernization, Cyber, Data Analytics, and Cloud preferred.
- Relationship with FDA and NIH Agency leadership and strong connectivity to industry partners serving this portfolio preferred.