As the Deputy Director, the incumbent will:
- Have broad operating authority and is responsible for overall planning, direction and management of key OS functions and programs.
- Provide the Director with scientific vision and leadership in science innovation, research, ethics, data modernization and science administration.
- Represent the Director in working with OPDIV officials to coordinate agency-specific scientific activities across the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), communicating the results of CDC/ATSDR research, and providing agency leadership in executing DHHS science directives and priorities at CDC/ATSDR.
- Serve as the executive sponsor and program executive for key special projects and activities associated with CDC and Office of Science mission objectives. Provide leadership within Office of Science and across CDC for important agency priorities, including but not limited to CDC’s Data Modernization Initiative, health equity science, and strategic science strengthening. Provide agency leadership in maintaining the highest of standards and criteria for scientific manuscripts, publications, research, journals, etc.
- Provide scientific guidance and leadership to international, national, state, or local government agencies, universities, health-related organizations, private and public foundations and professional associations, public health practitioners, elected officials, the legal community, and law enforcement and emergency response organizations. Provide medical and scientific advice and consultation as a nationally or internationally recognized consultant an expert on science innovation, research, ethics, and science administration.
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) may want to influence who applies for this role that provides leadership within the Office of Science and across CDC for important agency priorities, including but not limited to CDC’s Data Modernization Initiative, health equity science, and strategic science strengthening.