The Senior Platform Engineer is responsible for driving the development of the infrastructure and foundational capabilities in support of the Department’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Chief Information Officer (CIO) priorities
- Provides leadership and direction for data engineering and design across the department (multiple projects)
- Advises the department’s data science community on best practices in the technology industry and how to execute this work within VA
- Advises on performance optimizations and best practices for scalable data models, pipelines and queries
- Creates robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data from source systems into analytical platforms
- Provides consultation to Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) – Develop Operations for Machine Learning
- Works closely with VA mission program officers, enterprise divisions, and field-based leadership to identify unmet needs or impediments in data, analytics, and insight delivery
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) may want to influence who applies for this role in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT) that works closely with VA mission program officers, enterprise divisions, and field-based leadership to identify unmet needs or impediments in data, analytics, and insight delivery.