The Senior Medical Advisor (SMA), Functional Champion is a full-time position that reports to the Under Secretary for Health (USH), VA Central Office (VACO), Washington, DC but works directly for the Program Executive Director in the Electronic Health Record Modernization Integration Office in the Office of the Deputy Secretary. The incumbent serves as the clinical executive interface between the program and the DUSH, the Veterans Integrated Services Networks (VISN) and the VA medical centers (VAMC) and as such, supports clinical initiatives and is primarily responsible for the deployment and coordination of EHRM enterprise wide and in improving the delivery of patient care by serving as a liaison between VACO, VISNs, and VAMCs.
- Serves as a member of the VHA executive team
- Serves as the lead in the deployment of the Electronic Health Record within VHA, providing national level leadership to the field in areas such as:
- Direct supervision of the National Supplement Office in support of EHRM
- Direct supervision of the VHA- EHRM office
- Member of a variety of EHRM related committees and councils representing the DUSH as the functional champion for VHA
- Planning, administration, management, coordination, implementation, oversight, redesign of systems, and integration of clinical activities
- Execution of action plans and developing consultative teams of subject matter experts that can provide in person/virtual consultation to facilities experiencing challenges
- Applying data analysis to identify and then act upon concerning trends/clinical concerns
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Veterans Health Administration (VHA) may want to influence who applies for this role that serves as the lead in the deployment of the Electronic Health Record within VHA, providing national level leadership to the field.