“This position serves as the agency expert advisor and consultant on the formulation of strategies and policies for the use of visual design in the area of disease prevention and control. The incumbent serves as the Chief, Visual Design Branch, within the Division of Digital Media (DDM), with delegated responsibility for planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and managing the Branch.”
- Ensure delivery of high quality, innovative, data driven visual design products including digital assets, illustrations, presentations, print designs, campaign materials, exhibit design, etc. for use within a broad range of communication and programmatic materials across all of CDC‘s topics and programs.
- Represent the executive leadership at meetings and/or other forums to convey programmatic directions, present technical information, and convey policy directions applicable to visual design initiatives in support of public health programs.
- Develop and implements changes to and updates the visual design techniques and strategies to reflect ongoing improvements, new channels, technological innovations, and changes in communication priorities.
- Continually assess the media, user, and public response to CDC’s visual design programs and program initiatives, to identify opportunities for improvement in communicating CDC’s health information. Advises senior leadership on the need to reshape initiatives and strategies to utilize visual design successfully in communication activities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a staff of professionals and support personnel.