“This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Program Executive Director (PED) Electronic Health Record Modernization Integration Office (EHRM IO) where the incumbent serves as a Director of Program Integration. The incumbent is responsible for cross-organizational and cross-functional coordination of platforms, systems and programs across Agency stakeholders not limited to the VA and the Department of Defense (DoD) in support of the VA’s EHR (Electronic Health Record) system.”
- Provides guidance on key issues, implications, and relationships to Members of Congress and their staff, and all internal and external stakeholders, including the Secretary of VA.
- Maintains regular communications and cultivates relationships with Congressional and other intergovernmental office staff to provide insight, information, and intelligence to the PED.
- Manages projects that often require input and assistance from other analysts and subject matter experts in fields appropriate to the subject.
- Serves as project lead responsible for assigning segments of the program to various participants, coordinating the efforts of the work group, and consolidating findings into a completed product, i.e., evaluation report, proposed changes in policies, legislation or regulations, or recommended course of action.
- Reviews, analyzes, and assesses overall program status, accomplishment of Congressional audit objectives and reporting on the status of various aspects of data sharing initiatives, projects conducted by staff members, support personnel, contractors, and other audit agencies.
- Develops and coordinates new and recurring projects and defends special projects in briefings and meetings while providing updates and status to the PED/Deputy PED and VA executive leadership and in written testimonies and responses to Senate/Congressional inquiries.
- Integrates disparate messaging inputs and ensures consistency across all congressional, acquisition oversight, and other internal platforms.
- Plans, organizes, and executes audit and transformation projects and engagement with legislative liaisons within the VA and DoD.