The Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service (IHS), is seeking a Chief Executive Officer
- Develops, evaluates, and adjusts organizational structures and systems to accomplish local goals assuring consistency with Area level and Indian Health Service goals and objectives.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication with recognized leaders of tribes served within the service unit.
- Assures that the service unit has a systematic plan to improve, assess and monitor the quality of the organization’s management of clinical and support processes.
- Responsible for the service units Purchased and Referred Care (PRC) Program and evaluates the need for contracted services provided.
- Delegates authority to and provides general program direction to subordinate service unit supervisors on various administrative matters.
- Formulates the budget for the service unit and makes final decision on fund allocations and expenditures.
- The incumbent directs the total health care delivery system of the service unit and is fully accountable for managing all aspects of the facility including health care delivery activities.
- Monitors the Service Unit’s financial health as well as the quality and type of health care programs presented with planned evaluation throughout the fiscal year.
- Responsible for adherence to FMFIA, GPRA and maintaining standards of accreditation from the Joint Commission, AAAHC and other accreditation agencies.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of operating plans and objectives of service unit program functions to the Indian Health Service (IHS) Albuquerque Area Office.
- Leads in developing and formulating sound human resources management, policy and programs for the service unit.