The VA Midwest Health Care Network advocates for a Whole Health System of care in each of the Medical Centers. This is an approach to healthcare that empowers and equips people to take charge of their health and well-being and live their lives to the fullest. As an employee operating in a Whole Health System of care, you will operate in a model with three core elements, seeking to create a personalized health plan for each Veteran. This is done in the context of healing relationships and healing environments and a connection back to the Veteran’s community. This aligns with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Mission Statement to Honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
Duties include but are not limited to: …
TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATICS
- Evaluate clinical computing systems; analyze and evaluate the effect of interventions on health outcomes.
- Enable healthcare capabilities and the evolution of technology adjoined to the EHR to deliver quality care by developing, implementing, monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing informatics tools and access to them.
- Evaluate, document, analyze, prioritize, and recognize requirements for the improvement of the EHR and other systems in collaboration with the end-user.
- In collaboration with OI&T and CPRS the CHIO will manage all aspects of Iowa City VA Health Care System Data Warehouse including architecture, database structure, reporting services, training and education and utilization.
- Effectively create, integrate, disseminate, and manage data for all enterprise applications, processes and entities requiring timely and accurate data delivery.
- Coordinate information management support for clinical activities within the medical center by participating collaboratively with staff to design, implement, and evaluate the clinical information systems configuration, and the capabilities that will be used. These activities will include the scholarly endeavors of Iowa City VA Health Care System staff and affiliate trainees.
- Work closely with the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), Biomedical engineering, Medical, Nursing, CPRS and other clinical staff…