NCQA is hiring a Director, Federal Affairs to play a leadership role in NCQA’s work to position the organization as a leader in health policy, health equity, and digital quality measurement, while also working with and coordinating the joint activities of various NCQA departments to increase adoption by federal agencies of our products and services and expand our contracting portfolio in relevant areas. The individual will serve as a public face of NCQA, working with contacts at HHS, CMS, ONC and other agencies with health care portfolios, Congressional staff, and trade associations, health plans, patient advocates and other organizations. They will be expected to develop innovative proposals for elevating NCQA’s profile and ties to these audiences. They will also be responsible for developing public comment responses to federal rulemaking proposals.
- Support NCQA Leadership and Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Federal Affairs in driving a forward-leaning federal agenda focused on results, including adoption of NCQA products and services and contracts with federal entities.
- Grow relationships with federal government agencies, policymakers, staff and other health care entities.
- Track, analyze and lead response to federal legislative developments and policy proposals and other health care initiatives.
- Lead the writing of regulatory comment letters
- Prepare materials describing NCQA products for a policy audience as well as white papers that position NCQA as a key thinker on policy issues related to quality.
- Work with other interest groups (patient advocates, consumers, health plans, etc) to understand common issues and build coalitions that advance shared goals.