“This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration, Eastern Region, Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN 4), Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center, (Directors staff), Philadelphia, PA. Chief, Health Administration Service (HAS) has full delegated responsibility for the planning, direction, control, coordination, operation and evaluation of all station medical administration management functions providing scheduling and related services (appointments, transportation, referrals, etc).”
- Responsible for the operations and management of the following sections: Business Office (Service operations and data management); Health Information Management (including scanning, Release of Information, Coding); Outpatient Services (Call Center operations, appointment and consultation management, electronic wait list, etc); Patient Administrative Services (Registration/Eligibility/Admissions, AOD, Beneficiary Travel, Details/Patient Funds, CBOC HAS staff, Telephone Operators); Ward Administration (clerical support to inpatient units and CLC) Oversees all budgets associate with these programs, and Compensation and Pension.
- Plays a vital leadership role in processing over 30% of the all VISN 4 Compensation and Pension Workload. Works with the VA Regional Benefits office to ensure compliance with processing timelines related to Compensation Pension.
- Meets with patients, members of the community, representatives of community hospitals, State and Federal officials and members of Congress to resolve problems and complaints.
- Responsible for short and long term planning, managing operations, and evaluating medical administration functions and processes for continuous improvement that meet VA local, regional and national goals and objectives.
- Possess a significant knowledge of budget, finance, acquisition and resource management, as he/she is fully responsible for each element within his/her office.
- Works successfully with groups and individuals at all levels, including VA Central Office, VISN, and facility level. Develop programs and techniques in often highly unusual instances
- Responsible for all operations of HAS, working closely with senior management officials. Determines the appropriate number and categories of personnel necessary to provide effective services’ and in selection and assignment of qualified staff; developing resource plans considering volume forecasts, resource needs and market analysis and the monitoring of resource utilization.