We are seeking a Sr. Director, Business Development Federal Health to lead the overall planning and implementing of sales and marketing programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new federal health and health IT markets. Overall departmental responsibilities, management, and oversight. Candidate living in close radius to the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) preferred, but not required.
- Leads sales activities, owns the pipeline, and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Oversees client relationships and proposal activities.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales, business development and other functional units.
- Prepares regular sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, proposals, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote company products and services.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners…
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of related experience and a proven track record of developing new business and progressive management experience leading others in highly successful sales organizations.
- Minimum 10 years of related and recent federal business development experience is required.
- Previous experience working with HHS, FDA, and NIH including, customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage.
- Strong business acumen with customer and relentless client focus…
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred…