“The VISN 23 Office is recruiting for full time, permanent Physician-Chief Health Informatics Officer (CHIO). This position falls under the general supervision of the VISN 23 Chief Medical Officer.”
- Ensure adequate support to measurably improve data quality and clinical information transfer.
- Ensure valid information is available to patients, health care practitioners.
- Ensure VHA electronic health record (EHR) operates in a way that improves patient care, ensures patient safety, and
- Evaluate clinical computing systems; analyze and evaluate the effect of interventions on health outcomes.
- Expand, enhance patient access to information; further effective, efficient use of medical information systems (IS) for patients.
- Contribute to planning and execution of hardware/software development.
- Support workflow analysis opportunities for potential improvement/optimization of the behavior of people, systems, information, and tools.
- Identify and document end-user requirements and budget for clinical software solutions; conduct market research; evaluate candidate products; develop and execute implementation plan; evaluate results…