The Director, Business Development/ Government Sales is responsible for devising and executing the strategy for new business opportunities and customers in the Federal Government Healthcare market and driving increased revenue through new contract awards in the Federal Government Healthcare market for the Veterans Administration and/ or Defense Health Agency, and as appropriate other Federal/State Agencies. This position is responsible for activities in the full business development / sales cycle for Government procurements, to include: opportunity identification, opportunity qualification, opportunity capture management, proposal support, pipeline management, and agency marketing support.
- Performs business development and capture activities from identification phase through close phase to develop the strategy for sales and to execute sales plans for the Veterans Administration and/or Defense Health Agency.
- Achieves assigned individual sales revenue targets for assigned Federal Agency focus areas.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key target customers in assigned agencies/ areas.
- Participates in supporting proposals, to include win strategy as well as proposal writing, and may lead response/writing for requests for information.
- Participates in tradeshow, conferences, and seminars.
- Understands customer needs and unique requirements while promoting consideration of services, solutions, and products to meet customer needs…
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public administration, technical, or related field required. Masters’ degree preferred
- 10 plus years of combined work experience in business development, sales, and/or capture management supporting either Federal Government agencies or large Commercial Health Plans.
- 5+ years of experience in the Federal Government Healthcare market required or alternate equivalent experience in Commercial Healthcare market may be considered.
- Business knowledge of and relationships with the Veterans Affairs and/or Defense Health Agency required…