The incumbent serves as a Director assigned to one of the Divisions within Architecture and Engineering Service, Office of Information Technology (OIT), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Responsible for technical architecture program design, analysis, and programming support for new requirements, enhancements, and maintenance, and ensures quality assurance activities for all products and services assigned to the Division.
- Supervise and control of the development of policies, practices and procedures that guide and control VA-wide technical architecture development and use.
- Supervising and enforcing the development and maintenance of portfolio, product line, product and enterprise-wide systems architecture and engineering guidance in accordance with standards specified in the VA Enterprise Architecture (EA) Architecture Style Guide Development Methodology, and/or other approved guidelines
- Makes decisions on problems presented by subordinate managers; works with heads of other organizations to resolve mutual problems or areas of concern.
- Responsible for supervising a staff of Information Technology (IT) specialists for the successful completion of assigned projects and assures strategic planning, tactical planning, project execution, operations, administrative fiscal, acquisition, staffing, and communications commitments are accomplished
- Provides technical leadership to the application development group and the enterprise including being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how the future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise…