JCS is seeking an experienced professional to lead our strategic growth and business development initiatives for our Federal Government customers. The candidate will develop the overall BD and capture strategy for the company, responsible for sourcing opportunities to develop a robust opportunity pipeline, understanding customer requirements to create a compelling bid, and grow the business within the Federal market. A successful candidate will be able to leverage customer relationships and experience to capture new work.
- Develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- Proactively identifies and qualifies a robust list of new business development opportunities through the capture process with an acceptable win ratio.
- Formulate sand executes business development strategies and formal capture plans.
- Leads business planning activities, to include pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews.
- Qualifies new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, customer hot buttons, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Understands and utilize market trends, mission priorities, and customer goals to envision, shape, and close opportunities.
- Represents the Company at industry and client events.
- Develops and maintains highly effective relationships with the Government executives, Program Managers, contract management offices and industry partners that drive growth.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Supports brand development and market outreach activities.
- Acts as a liaison with Program Managers to identify customer challenges and potential for organic growth of existing task orders.
- Manages communication among and participation by team members to drive business to the Company contract vehicles and maximize win rate.
- Quickly identifies the right teaming partners for each proposal or task order bid.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to respond to Sources Sought, Request for Information (RFIs), and Request for Proposal or Quote (RFP/RFQ).
- Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Candidate is responsible for ensuring that the Company maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.