- Identifies, designs and implements new use cases for electronic health information governance, use and standards at the federal level and with DoD.
- Develops interdepartmental participation strategy designed to ensure maximum influence by VA in federal health informatics policies.
- Leads the protocol development, requirement design and implementation of new health IT national strategies that expand VAs partnership in the national community.
- Leads integration work with multiple Federal Agencies, often at the executive level, to coordinate and advance Health IT interoperability.
- Identifies opportunities for increased collaboration with industry informatics organizations.
- Coordinates extensively with stakeholders in the Office of Health Informatics, the Office of Information Technology (OIT), other Offices in VA, the Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) Office, the Department of Defense and other federal and industry partners.